Loaded pioneered the flexible dropthru board with the Dervish in 2007 and the Tan Tien in 2010. We’ve returned to our carving roots using many of the things learned over the past few years from our freeride boards, downhill boards, and our snowboard (with design cues from bacon). Combining wheel flares, cork, a balanced flex pattern and novel manufacturing methods, the Icarus is a milestone in our exploration of the soulful carving experience.
- POWERFUL FLEX – Vertically laminated bamboo and fiberglass construction pair with a cambered profile and a variable concave for a lively and engaging ride. The cork bottom helps dampen out vibrations without compromising the liveliness.
- USER FRIENDLY – Drop-through truck mounting positions the deck lower to the ground for easier, more efficient pushing and enhanced stability. Light weight and compact size make the Icarus intuitive and commuter friendly.
- SHAPELY CURVES – The right curves in the right places enhance rider ergonomics while contributing to a responsive and high-performance ride. Wheel well flares accommodate big wheels and improve turning leverage and control. Variable concave yields a consistent flex pattern while providing a variety of riding experiences based on foot placement.
- PRACTICAL KICKS – Minimal nose and tail kicks help navigate city streets and open the door for freestyle trickery.
- LENGTH: 38.4″ (97.5 cm), WIDTH: 8.6″ (22 cm), WHEELBASE: 28.25″ (71.76 cm), WEIGHT: 2.9 lbs (1.3 kg)